Good things come in small packages
The Zoom H1 Handy Recorder
The ultra-compact H1 Handy Recorder brings new meaning to the term "portability." Small enough to slip in your pocket, it offers professional-quality stereo recording at an incredibly affordable price. Take it with you wherever you go—live concerts and band rehearsals, location video shoots, lectures and meetings—or use it to capture your musical ideas whenever inspiration strikes.
Using the H1
You can count on your H1 to deliver pristine audio wherever you go. Here are just a few ways it can be used:
- Recording live concerts and rehearsals.
- Capturing audio for video.
- Documenting lectures and meetings—faster and easier than taking notes!
- Conducting interviews in the field.
- Capturing song ideas.
X/Y recording made simple
The X/Y technique provides a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it perfect for all types of live stereo recording.
The H1's built-in X/Y microphone provides two matched unidirectional microphones set at a 90 degree angle relative to one another, optimum for most stereo recording applications.
Alternatively, you can connect a pair of external microphones or line level signal to the H1's Mic/Line Input mini phone jack for X/Y or other types of stereo recording.
The Ins and Outs
The H1 Mic/Line Input is a stereo ⅛" mini phone jack that can accept two mic- and/or line-level signals. Condenser microphones requiring Plug-In Power (2.5 volts) can be connected to this jack.
The H1 Line/Headphones Output is a stereo ⅛" phone jack with a dedicated volume control. Headphones can be connected here for private monitoring. There's also a built-in speaker on the back panel for fast monophonic monitoring of the recorded signal without the need to make any connections.
The H1's USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be sent to and from your computer. From there, it can be imported into editing software such as the supplied WaveLab LE. It also allows the H1 to be used as a 2-in/2-out audio interface and USB microphone, as well as a microSD card reader.
Auto Level and low cut filter
The H1's Auto Level function sets input gain automatically to prevent
overload and distortion. Alternatively, input level can be set manually.
The H1 also provides a built-in low cut filter for the elimination of pops,
wind noise, blowing, and other kinds of low frequency rumble.
Features at a glance
- Built-in 90˚ X/Y stereo mic
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line Input mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phones/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Backlit LCD display
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto Level for automatic control of input level
- Low-cut filter for elimination of wind noise and rumble
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- USB port for data transfer to computer and use as an audio interface and USB microphone
- SD card reader function
- Mounts directly to tripod, or to mic stand or DSLR with optional adapter
- Runs on only 1 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable battery
- Up to 10 hours of operation with a single AA alkaline battery